21. A love marriage， however， does not necessarily ____ much sharing of interests and responsibilities.
A. take over
B. result in
C. hold on
D. keep to
22. A man has to make _____ for his old age by putting aside enough money to live on when old.
23. A river _____ through the narrow wooded valley below.
24. A writer has to ____ imagination as well as his experiences for his writing.
A. drawing back from
B. draw in
C. draw up
D. draw on
25. According to the psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud， wisdom comes from the _____ of maturity.
26. After a concert tour in Asia， Canada and the U.S.， he will _____ work on a five-language opera.
27. After briefly ____ the history of the author， Prof. Li turned to the novel itself immediately.
A. dipping in
B. dipping at
C. dipping into
D. dipping to
28.After negotiation， the two countries ____ the terms of peace.
A. agreed with
B. agreed in
C. agreed to
D. agreed on
29. After performing a successful operation， the doctor at last pulled the patient ____.
30. After reading these books， he was _____ to the Darwinian theory of evolution.
31. Airplane and television are among the ____ of science.
32. All experts agree that the most important consideration with diet drugs is carefully ____ the risks and benefits.
33. Although Asian countries are generally more ____ in social customs than Western countries， there have been several notable examples of women leaders in both China and India.
34. Although he is very rich， his undutiful children are the ____ of his life.
35. Although he thought he was helping us to prepare the dinner， he was actually ____ the way.
36. Although most birds have only a negligible sense of smell， they have ____ vision.
37. Although sports ____ the household， Joe drew the line when they interfered with family traditions and routine.
38. Although the town had been ____ by the storm several times， little damage was done.
39. America will never again have as a nation the spirit of adventure as it ____ before the West was settled.
40. Among the many subjects in school， mathematics is probably the most _____， depending least on a student's background and culture.
21. B 22. C 23. D 24. D 25. B
26. C 27. C 28. D 29. D 30. B
31. C 32. A 33. A 34. B 35. A
36. C 37. C 38. A 39. D 40. A