41. As a _____ actor， he can perform， sing， dance and play several kinds of musical instruments.
42. As a salesman， he works on a （an） _____ basis， taking 10% of everything he sells.
43. As an excellent shooter， Peter practiced aiming at both _____ targets and moving targets.
44. As teachers we should concern ourselves with what is said， not what we think _____.
A. ought to be said
B. must say
C. have to be said
D. need to say
45. As the plane was getting ready to take off， we all _____ our seat belt.
46. At first， the speaker was referring to the problem of pollution in the country， but halfway in her speech， she suddenly _____ to another subject.
47. At no time _____ other countries.
A. China will invade
B. will invade China
C. will China invade
D. invade will China
48. Be here on Friday _____ the latest.
49. Because the whole country is in a financial dilemma， the government calls on us to _____ economy.
50. Before he started the work， I asked the builder to give me an _____ of the cost of repairing the roof.
51. Beryl hardly ever goes to _____ the cinema.
A. neither the theatre or
B. either the theatre nor
C. neither the theatre nor
D. the theatre or
52. Beside being expensive， the food tastes _____.
B. too much bad
C. too badly
53. Britain‘s press is unusual _____ it is divided into two very different types of newspaper： the quality press and the popular press.
A. in how
B. in what
C. in which
D. in that
54. By moving the radar beam around slowly in circles， we can _____ the surroundings.
55. Cancer is second only _____ heart disease as a cause of death.
56. Care should be taken to decrease the length of time that one is _____ loud continuous noise.
A. subjected to
B. filled with
C. associated with
D. attached to
57. Careful surveys have indicated that as many as 50 percent of patients do not take drugs ______ directed.
58. Changing from solid to liquid， water takes in heat from all substances near it， and this ______ produces artificial cold surrounding it.
59. Charles can‘t go to work today because he _____ a cold.
60. Charles has not the least ______ of giving up his research.