外语教育网
您的位置:外语教育网 > 英语文化视窗 > 文学与艺术 > 诗歌 正文
  • 站内搜索:

泰戈尔《园丁集》英汉对照7

2006-08-01 08:55

  37

  Would you put your wreath of fresh flowers on my neck, fair one?

  "你愿意把你的鲜花的花环挂在我的颈上么,佳人?"

  But you must know that the one wreath that I had woven is for the many, for those who are seen in glimpses, or dwell in lands unexplored, or live in poets' songs.

  "但是你要晓得,我编的那个花环,是为大家的,为那些偶然瞥见的人,住在未开发的大地上的人,住在诗人歌曲里的人。"

  It is too late to ask my heart in return for yours.

  现在来请求我的心作为答赠已经太晚了。

  There was a time when my life was like a bud, all its perfume was stored in its core.

  曾有一个时候,我的生命像一朵蓓蕾,它所有的芬芳都储藏在花心里。

  Now it is squandered far and wide.

  现在它已远远地喷溢四散。

  Who knows the enchantment that can gather and shut it up again?

  谁晓得什么魅力,可以把它们收集关闭起来呢?

  My heart is not mine to give to one only, it is given to the many.

  我的心不容我只给一个人,它是要给与许多人的。

  38

  My love, once upon a time your poet launched a great epic in his mind.

  我爱,从前有一天,你的诗人把一首伟大史诗投进他心里。

  Alas, I was not careful, and it struck your ringing anklets and came to grief.

  呵,我不小心,它打到你的丁当的脚镯上而引起悲愁。

  It broke up into scraps of songs and lay scattered at your feet.

  它裂成诗歌的碎片散洒在你的脚边。

  All my cargo of the stories of old wars was tossed by the laughing waves and soaked in tears and sank.

  我满载的一切古代战争的货物,都被笑浪所颠簸,被眼泪浸透而下沉。

  You must make this loss good to me, my love.

  你必须使这损失成为我的收获,我爱。

  If my claims to immortal fame after death are shattered, make me immortal while I live.

  如果我的死后不朽的荣名的希望都破灭了,那就在生前使我不朽吧。

  And I will not mourn for my loss nor blame you.

  我将不为这损失伤心,也不责怪你。

  39

  I try to weave a wreath all the morning, but the flowers slip and they drop out.

  整个早晨我想编一个花环,但是花儿滑掉了。

  You sit there watching me in secret through the corner of your prying eyes.

  你坐在一旁偷偷地从侦伺的眼角看着我。

  Ask those eyes, darkly planning mischief, whose fault it was.

  问这一对沉黑的恶作剧的眼睛,这是谁的错。

  I try to sing a song, but in vain.

  我想唱一支歌,但是唱不出来。

  A hidden smile trembles on your lips, ask of it the reason of my failure.

  一个暗笑在你唇上颤动;你问它我失败的缘由。

  Let your smiling lips say on oath how my voice lost itself in silence like a drunken bee in the lotus.

  让你微笑的唇儿发一个誓,说我的歌声怎样地消失在沉默里,像一只在荷花里沉醉的蜜蜂。

  It is evening, and the time for the flowers to chose their petals.

  夜晚了,是花瓣合起的时候了。

  Give me how to sit by your side, and bid my lips to do the work that can be done in silence and in dim light of stars.

  容许我坐在你的旁边,容许我的唇儿做那在沉默中、在星辰的微光中能做的工作吧。

  40

  An unbelieving smile flits on your eyes when I come to you to take my leave.

  一个怀疑的微笑在你眼中闪烁,当我来向你告别的时候。

  I have done it so often that you think I will soon return.

  我这样做的次数太多了,你想我很快又会回来。

  To tell you the truth I have the same doubt in my mind.

  告诉你实话,我自己心里也有同样的怀疑。

  For the spring days come again time after time; the full moon takes leave and comes on another visit, the flower come again and blush upon their branches year after year, and it is likely that I take my leave only to come to you again.

  因为春天年年回来;满月道过别又来访问,花儿每年回来在枝上红晕着脸,很可能我向你告别只为的要再回到你的身边。

  But keep the illusion awhile; do not send it away with ungentle haste.

  但是把这幻象保留一会吧,不要冷酷粗率地把它赶走。

  When I say I leave you for all time, accept it as true, and let a mist of tears for one moment deepen the dark rim of your eyes.

  当我说我要永远离开你的时候,就当作真话来接受它,让泪雾暂时加深你眼边的黑影。

  Then smile as archly as you like when I come again.

  当我再来的时候,随便你怎样地狡笑吧。

  41

  I long to speak the deepest words I have to say to you; but I dare not, for fear you should laugh.

  我想对你说出我要说的最深的话语,我不敢,我怕你哂笑。

  That is why I laugh at myself and shatter my secret in jest.

  因此我嘲笑自己,把我的秘密在玩笑中打碎。

  I make light of my pain, afraid you should do so.

  我把我的痛苦说得轻松,因为怕你会这样做。

  I long to tell you the truest words I have to say you; but I dare not, being afraid that you would not believe them.

  我想对你说出我要说的最真的话语,我不敢,我怕你不信。

  That is why I disguise them in untruth, saying the contrary of what I mean.

  因此我弄真成假,说出和我的真心相反的话。

  I make my pain appear absurd, afraid that you should do so.

  我把我的痛苦说得可笑,因为我怕你会这样做。

  I long to use the most precious words I have for you; but I dare not, fearing I should not be paid with like value.

  我想用最宝贵的名词来形容你,我不敢,我怕得不到相当的酬报。

  That is why I give you hard names and boast of my callous strength.

  因此我给你安上苛刻的名字,而夸示我的硬骨。

  I hurt you, for fear you would never know any pain.

  我伤害你,因为怕你永远不知道我的痛苦。

  I long to sit silent by you; but I dare not lest my heart come out at my lips.

  我渴望静默地坐在你的身旁,我不敢,怕我的心会跳到我的唇上。

  That is why I prattle and chatter lightly and hide my heart behind words.

  因此我轻松地说东道西,把我的心藏在语言的后面。

  I rudely handle my pain, for fear you should do so.

  我粗暴地对待我的痛苦,因为我怕你会这样做。

  I long to go away from your side; but I dare not, for fear my cowardice should become known to you.

  我渴望从你身边走开,我不敢,怕你看出我的懦怯。

  That is why I hold my head high and carelessly come into your presence.

  因此我随随便便地昂着走到你的面前。

  Constant thrusts from your eyes keep my pain fresh for ever.

  从你眼里频频掷来的刺激,使我的痛苦永远新鲜。

  42

  O mad, superbly drunk;

  呵,疯狂的、头号的醉汉;

  If you kick open your doors and play the fool in public;

  如果你踢开门户在大众面前装疯;

  If you empty your bag in a night, and snap your fingers at prudence;

  如果你在一夜倒空囊橐,对慎重轻蔑地弹着指头;

  If you walk in curious paths and play with useless things;

  如果你走着奇怪的道路,和无益的东西游戏;

  Reck not rhyme or reason;

  不理会韵律和理性;

  If unfurling your sails before the storm you snap the rudder in two,

  如果你在风暴前扯起船帆,你把船舵折成两半,

  Then I will follow you, comrade, and be drunken and go to the dogs.

  那么我就要跟随你,伙伴,喝得烂醉走向堕落灭亡。

  I have wasted my days and nights in the company of steady wise neighbors.

  我在稳重聪明的街坊中间虚度了日日夜夜。

  Much knowing has turned my hair grey, and much watching has made my sight dim.

  过多的知识使我白了头发,过多的观察使我眼力模糊。

  For years I have gathered and heaped up scraps and fragments of them:

  多年来我积攒了许多零碎的东西;

  Crush them and dance upon them, and scatter them all to the winds.

  把这些东西摔碎,在上面跳舞,把它们散掷到风中去吧。

  For I know 'tis the height of wisdom to be drunken and go to the dogs.

  因为我知道喝得烂醉而堕落灭亡,是最高的智慧。

  Let all crooked scruples vanish, let me hopelessly lose my way.

  让一切歪曲的顾虑消亡吧,让我无望地迷失了路途。

  Let a gust of wild giddiness come and sweep me away from my anchors.

  让一阵旋风吹来,把我连船锚一齐卷走。

  The world is peopled with worthies, and workers, useful and clever.

  世界上住着高尚的人,劳动的人,有用又聪明。

  There are men who are easily first, and men who come decently after.

  有的人很从容地走在前头,有的人庄重地走在后面。

  Let them be happy and prosper, and let me be foolishly futile.

  让他们快乐繁荣吧,让我傻呆地无用吧。

  For I know 'tis the end of all works to be drunken and go to the dogs.

  因为我知道喝得烂醉而堕落灭亡,是一切工作的结局。

  I swear to surrender this moment all claims to the ranks of the decent.

  我此刻誓将一切的要求,让给正人君人。

  I let go my pride of learning and judgment of right and of wrong.

  我抛弃我学识的自豪和是非的判断。

  I'll shatter memory's vessel, scattering the last the drop of tears.

  我打碎记忆的瓶壶,挥洒最后的眼泪。

  With the foam of the berry-red wine I will bathe and brighten my laughter.

  以红果酒的泡沫来洗澡,使我欢笑发出光辉。

  The badge of the civil and staid I'll tear into shreds for the nonce.

  我暂且撕裂温恭和认真的标志。

  I'll take the holy vow to be worthless, to be drunken and go to the dogs.

  我将发誓作一个无用的人,喝得烂醉而堕落灭亡下去。

  43

  No, my friends, I shall never be an ascetic, whatever you may say.

  不,我的朋友,我永不会做一个苦行者,随便你怎么说。

  I shall never be an ascetic if she does not take the vow with me.

  我将永不做一个苦行者,假如她不和我一同受戒。

  It is my firm resolve that if I cannot find a shady shelter and a companion for my penance, I shall never turn ascetic.

  这是我坚定的决心,如果我找不到一个荫凉的住处和一个忏悔的伴侣,我将永远不会变成一个苦行者。

  No, my friends, I shall never leave my hearth and home, and retire into the forest solitude, if rings no merry laughter in its echoing shade and if the end of no saffron mantle flutters in the wind; if its silence is not deepened by soft whispers.

  不,我的朋友,我将永不离开我的炉火与家庭,去退隐到深林里面;如果在林荫中没有欢笑的回响;如果没有郁金色的衣裙在风中飘扬;如果它的幽静不因有轻柔的微语而加深。

  I shall never be an ascetic.

  我将永不会做一个苦行者。

相关热词:诗歌
栏目相关课程表
科目名称 主讲老师 课时 免费试听 优惠价 购买课程
英语零起点 郭俊霞 30课时 试听 150元/门 购买
综艺乐园 ------ 15课时 试听 100元/门 购买
边玩边学 ------ 10课时 试听 60元/门 购买
情景喜剧 ------ 15课时 试听 100元/门 购买
欢乐课堂 ------ 35课时 试听 150元/门 购买
趣味英语速成 钟 平 18课时 试听 179元/门 购买
剑桥少儿英语预备级 (Pre-Starters) ------ ------ 试听 200元/门 购买
剑桥少儿英语一级 (Starters) ------ ------ 试听 200元/门 购买
剑桥少儿英语二级 (Movers) ------ ------ 试听 200元/门 购买
剑桥少儿英语三级 (Flyers) ------ ------ 试听 200元/门 购买
初级英语口语 ------ 55课时 ------ 350元/门 购买
中级英语口语 ------ 83课时 ------ 350元/门 购买
高级英语口语 ------ 122课时 ------ 350元/门 购买
基础英语辅导课程
郭俊霞 北京语言大学毕业,国内某知名中学英语教研组长,教学标兵……详情>>
郭俊霞:零基础英语网上辅导名师
钟平 北大才俊,英语辅导专家,累计从事英语教学八年,机械化翻译公式发明人……详情>>
钟平:趣味英语速成网上辅导名师

  1、凡本网注明 “来源:外语教育网”的所有作品,版权均属外语教育网所有,未经本网授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式使用;已经本网授权的,应在授权范围内使用,且必须注明“来源:外语教育网”。违反上述声明者,本网将追究其法律责任。
  2、本网部分资料为网上搜集转载,均尽力标明作者和出处。对于本网刊载作品涉及版权等问题的,请作者与本网站联系,本网站核实确认后会尽快予以处理。本网转载之作品,并不意味着认同该作品的观点或真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人转载使用,请与著作权人联系,并自负法律责任。
  3、联系方式
  编辑信箱:for68@chinaacc.com
  电话:010-82319999-2371