外语教育网
您的位置:外语教育网 > 行业英语 > 新闻英语 > 报刊选读 正文
  • 站内搜索:

雅虎:打造中国网络广告交易平台 商机?!

2007-05-06 23:27中国日报网

网络以后做什么最赚钱?—— 雅虎联合创始人杨致远:打造网络广告交易平台。

自Google收购DoubleClick以来,网络广告公司相继成为网络巨头们新的收购目标。本周一,雅虎宣布将美国网络广告交易平台提供商Right Media全面收至麾下。本周三,看好该项业务的雅虎联合创始人杨致远表示,中国网络广告交易平台目前已孕育成熟且蕴藏着巨大的商机,并希望雅虎合作商阿里巴巴在中国开设类似的交易平台。

US Internet giant Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang during a presentation in a Tokyo hotel, March 2006. Yang said on Wednesday that China is fertile ground for an online advertising exchange akin to the one the US Internet titan is buying.

Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang said on Wednesday that China is fertile ground for an online advertising exchange akin to the one the US Internet titan is buying.

The comment was among insights Yang shared with more than 1,000 Chinese and US technology entrepreneurs gathered in the California city of Santa Clara to discuss opportunities and challenges presented by the meteoric growth of China's economy.

"I'm going to call Jack Ma up with this idea of an exchange for advertisers and ad buyers," Yang said, referring to the chairman of Chinese Internet company Alibaba.com. "The potential is huge."

In August 2005, Yahoo invested one billion dollars for a 40 percent stake in Alibaba, which also agreed to run the Chinese operations of the US Internet giant.

Yang said that as it neared its second anniversary, the Yahoo-Alibaba partnership has "some catching up to do" in the online search and portal business in China but that he expected a turnaround in a few years.

"On the whole, we feel our move to partner with Alibaba so far looks like it's the right strategy," Yang said. "It is too early to tell whether we are successful or not."

"The best strategy still seems to be Chinese and US companies sharing best practices — we all benefit."

Yahoo is buying New York City-based online advertising exchange Right Media in a move to counter Google's move to acquire the DoubleClick Internet ad-targeting firm.

The California online search titan, which owns 20 percent of Right Media, said it will acquire the remaining 80 percent of the company for 680 million dollars (500 million euros) in stock and cash.

The ad exchange serves as a place where advertisers can easily "hook-up" with websites or online services that cater to desired customer demographics.

While announcing on April 13 that it was buying New York-based DoubleClick for 3.1 billion dollars, Google revealed plans for the Internet ad tracking and targeting firm to create an open exchange similar to Right Media.

Vocabulary:

meteoric growth:飞速增长

stake:股份

turnaround:营业有巨大好转,巨大盈利

online search and portal business:搜索和门户业务

相关热词:news reading 报刊
行业英语辅导课程
李 健协和医科大学医学博士,美国国立卫生研究院博士后……详情>>
李健:医学英语网上辅导名师
高 云澳大利亚注册会计师协会会员,会计专业硕士……详情>>
高云:财会英语网上辅导名师
李文沛中国政法大学博士,师从著名法学家周忠海教授……详情>>
李文沛:法律英语网上辅导名师

  1、凡本网注明 “来源:外语教育网”的所有作品,版权均属外语教育网所有,未经本网授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式使用;已经本网授权的,应在授权范围内使用,且必须注明“来源:外语教育网”。违反上述声明者,本网将追究其法律责任。
  2、本网部分资料为网上搜集转载,均尽力标明作者和出处。对于本网刊载作品涉及版权等问题的,请作者与本网站联系,本网站核实确认后会尽快予以处理。本网转载之作品,并不意味着认同该作品的观点或真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人转载使用,请与著作权人联系,并自负法律责任。
  3、联系方式
  编辑信箱:for68@chinaacc.com
  电话:010-82319999-2371