Some sentence patterns commonly-used in controlled writing:
1. S + have (or has) a lot of advantages over…(与…相比有许多优点)
Compared with B, A has (or have) many advantages.
She has the advantage of good English.
2. be of great benefit to sb./sth. (对…有益)
3. …benefit sb./sth. (对…有好处) 译：这家新医院对整个社区有利。
Benefit from sth. (由于…而受益) 译：我们将从技术发明中受益。
4. …do (a lot of) good to sb. (对…有许多好处) 译：早晨锻炼对你很有好处。
…be good for sb./sth. (对…有益) 译：蔬菜和水果有利人的健康。
…do damage to sth. (对…造成损坏) 译：这次地震对城市建筑损坏严重。
5. …be as (not so) good as…, What he does is not so good as what he says.
6. …not so much…as…(与其说…, 不如说….)
7. It benefits us in many ways/respects.
8. Doing sth. is beneficial to…
1. While…has so many advantages, we should not ignore the problems it brings us.
2. Just as a coin has two sides, everything has its advantages and disadvantages.
1. There are two / some / many good reasons for / to...
Example: There are two reasons for the changes in people’s living conditions. First, we have been carrying out an opening and reform policy. Second, our national economy is developing rapidly and the birth rate has been put under control.
2. We have two good reasons for…
Example: We have many good reasons to object to smoking in public places.
3. The reason for…is that +
Example: The reason for my being late was that I missed the bus.
4. Several factors are responsible for the phenomenon.
5. Their opinion is based on the fact that…
6. Those who are in favor of the …believe that…
7. These/ The following are my reasons for my choice.
1. Different people have / hold different opinions / views on this question / problem / matter
Some believe that… Others argue that… Still others maintain that…
2. They are quite different from each other in their opinions.
3. Some people hold the opinion that it is good to have a small family.
4. They think quite differently on this question.
5. Which opinion is right / more reasonable? I’m inclined to accept the latter/ the second view.
6. My opinion is that there is something in both of the views.
7. With regard to the question, I think a correct attitude is (that)…
8. In my opinion, whether it is good or bad depends on how we look at it.
Example: Parents and children think differently on this question. Parents hold that children should work hard and do well at school. Children, however, maintain that they should have more freedom to spend their leisure time and to plan for their own future.
1. We should take effective/ drastic measures to stop/ prevent / protect…
2. Faced with such a situation, what shall we do?
3. What should we do to solve the problem?
4. Perhaps the best choice is the combination of the two…
5. There are several ways to cope with the problem.
6. the government should make strict regulations/ laws to ban such practice/ to stop this phenomenon from spreading.
7. It’s urgent for us to do something about this.
8. We should spare no effort / try every means to…
- · 大学英语四六级经典阅读：Children with Dreams 有梦的孩子
- · 大学英语四六级经典阅读：Easte 复活节
- · 大学英语四六级经典阅读：Care Your Dream 呵护梦想
- · 大学英语四六级经典阅读：Don’t Look Back 告别过去
- · 大学英语四六级经典阅读：Dream What You Want to Dream 敢想敢做
- · 大学英语四六级经典阅读：心中有目标 风雨不折腰
- · 大学英语四六级经典阅读：The Road to Happiness 幸福之道
- · 大学英语四六级经典阅读：一个小女孩的梦想
- · 大学英语四六级经典阅读：If 假如
- · 大学英语四六级经典阅读：Hour in the Sun 阳光下的时光